Friday, January 4, 2013

LITTLE FEAT'S BILL PAYNE - BEST READS of 2012


Well, imagine my surprise and delight when Bill Payne of Little Feat sent me an email to add to the 2012 LISTMANIA on the Toast-n-Jam blog!  Cheers, Bill (^_^) TOAST

# # #

With all the traveling I do, reading is a must. I carry at least a couple of what I call "analogue" books (pages one can thumb through) and my trusty Kindle. 

As I tend to read all of the time, this list might have some books started in 2011.

Here's the list:

1) Eisenhower in War and Peace by Jean Edward Smith

2) Colonel Roosevelt by Edmund Morris

3) The Devil's Star by Jo Nesbo

4) Hitch-22-A Memoir by Christopher Hitchens

5) Creole Belle (Dave Robicheaux) by James Lee Burke

6) Destiny of The Republic: A Tale of Madness, Medicine, and the Murder of a President by Candice Millard

7) Hellhound on his Trail: The Electrifying Account of the Largest Manhunt in American History by Hampton Sides

8) The Atlantic by Simon Winchester

9) The Last Stand: Custer, Sitting Bull, and the Battle of Little Bighorn by Nathaniel Philbrick

10) The Rest is Noise: Listening to the Twentieth Century by Alex Ross (*)

(*) The Rest is Noise came highly recommended to me from Robben Ford. He mentioned it at dinner in Oakland. The next night he joined me and his nephew Gabe at concert at Yoshi's. 
I just started it in December 2012. I am far from finishing it, but it is an amazing read as Robben promised.

# # #

No comments: