Sunday, July 31, 2011

THE SOURCE


Light a candle (or perhaps something else) in honor of what would have been Jerry Garcia's 69th birthday this Monday (8/1).

Definitely wouldn't have this show without him.

Favorite Jerry lines? Leave a comment below - I'll share the best on the air this Thursday (^_^)

# # #

Just had to share this quote from Dead biographer Dennis McNally:

Once, on stage, I asked him a question and ended it by saying, "Boss." Parish turned and said "You can't call him boss, the situation is the boss." And Jerry laughed and said, "Hey, you can call me boss, but don't expect me to make any decisions." (Which wasn't true, but sounded good).


# # #

4 comments:

Bram said...

"Oh well a touch of gray, kinda suits you anyway"

Never actually heard much Dead, their "hit" was my first exposure.

Sure, it's hokey, but it's a nice construction, that phrase coming at the end of the song.

These days, gets me hoping there is an upside to wearing the gray.

NICELYTOASTED said...

Hey, Bram - thx 4 checking in. You starting to see a few grays lately? Don't worry - on some it adds "distinction."

You going to the Gourds in Taos tonight?

Bram said...

Sorry, missed it. But got my Pixies tix today.

Bram said...

... and, Mom always said, "better gray than gone."