Tuesday, October 12, 2010

ROAD REPORT - FREE FALL MUSIC FEST 10/1-3/10

Whew! A lot of effort went into making this listener appreciation event a success. Here's hoping we can do it again next year (^_^)

Highlights for me were The Statesboro Revue on Saturday 10/2/10, and Chali 2na on Sunday 10/3/10.

He joined his old bandmates, Ozomatli, for a while during their set as well.

Ozomatli is one of New Mexico's favorite bands (and one of my favorite live bands too - I've honestly lost track of how many times I've seen them, and they're always fun), and they closed out the outdoor stage activity on Sunday 10/3/10, which was apparently percussionist Jiro Yamaguchi's birthday!

Pictured below are Asdru Sierra (trumpet), Raúl Pacheco (guitar), and one of my personal heroes, Ulises Bella (saxophone).

# # #

No comments: